TULSA — Tulsa police are looking for a group of people who shot off fireworks directly at officers and a television news crew.
Tulsa television station KOTV says it's the second time this week that police have been hit with fireworks. The latest incident happened at about 10:30 p.m. in north Tulsa.
Police say the group fired mortars and Roman candles at officers and a news crew. Authorities say one officer was hit in the back and a reporter was struck in the back of the head.
No one was seriously injured.
Police set up a perimeter shortly after the fireworks went off but they were unable to find anyone. No arrests have been made.
- Oklahoma News
- Oklahoma lawmakers near passage of DNA testing bill
- Board denies clemency for inmate
- State Senate unveils $80M plan for 2 new museums
- New hepatitis case in public health scare
- Health reforms penalize some Native Americans
- One trial for man in deaths of Oklahoma girls, woman
- Muldrow board approves removal of 10 Commandments
- New law increases driver's license fee by $12
- Fallin signs income tax cut
- Air Guard members home from Afghanistan
- More Oklahoma News Headlines