WARNER — Jerlyn Long’s two-run, bases-loaded double put Connors State up to stay in the opener, but the Cowgirls wound up with a split against Crowder (Mo.) on Wednesday.
Connors won the first game 7-5, erasing a 4-0 lead with three runs in the third and four in the fourth, including Long’s two-bagger. Long was 2-for-4 with three RBIs and Vian product Chelsi Drew was 2-for-4 with two RBIs. Long scattered seven hits as the winning pitcher as well.
Jessica Christian gave up seven hits in the second game but the Cowgirls came up short. Sammy Perry was 2-for-4 with three RBIs and Hilldale grad Kali Romine was 2-for-3. Long also drove in a pair of runs in that contest, giving her five on the day.
Connors is 9-11 and plays Eastern today in a doubleheader at 2 p.m.
Tulsa 5, Oklahoma State 1
TULSA — Jill Barrett was 3-for-4 and Samantha Cobb and Julie Kernen had two hits each as Tulsa pounded out 10 hits to defeat Oklahoma State 5-1 in a softball tilt at Tulsa on Wednesday.
Lacey Middlebrooks and Aimee Creger combined on a four-hitter for Tulsa (16-5), each giving up a pair. Middlebrooks went the first four for the win to move to 6-2.
Tarah Ettinger’s home run in the fourth was OSU’s only run and her first homer of the season in a 1-for-3 day. Amy Graham went 2-for-3 to lead OSU (7-12) offensively.
Kat Espinosa took the loss and fell to 2-6. Espinosa gave up five runs, nine hits in four innings of work. She also had five strikeouts in the losing cause.
OSU hosts the Mizuno Classic starting Friday. Tulsa is at home on Saturday against Marshall.
- Longtime coach Ben Baker loses battle with cancer
- Former THS boys coach headed east
- Two Connors athletes honored
- Bacone baseball honored by NAIA
- Warner, Checotah enter the coaching carousel
- New TU athletics director has game
- Former coach, OU player have Twitter war
- Another chance for glory: Baseball players get shot to display wares for pro scout
- Remembering what dear old dad means to us
- Former OU coach explains departure
- More Sports Headlines