The Sports Calendar runs in print each Sunday and Thursday and is for non-profit community organizations or events sponsored by non-profit community organizations, Send entries by fax to (918) 684-2865, mail to 214 Wall Street, Muskogee 74401, bring by the Phoenix anytime Monday through Friday or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information will not be taken by phone. Items to run in Sunday’s paper must be submitted before noon Friday, and for Thursday’s paper, noon on Tuesday.
• Muskogee Youth Baseball registration 10 a.m. to noon Feb. 23 at Extra Bases, 2240 E. Shawnee (back side of Curt’s Shopping Center). Birth certificate and player fee needed, $45 for ages 4-5, 6-8 $65 and 9-12 $85. Contact: Marie Gassaway, (918) 682-3745.
• Muskogee Youth Baseball clinic for umpires and coaches, umpires mandatory, 6:30 p.m. March 12, 26 at Extra Bases, 2240 E. Shawnee (back side of Curt’s Shopping Center). Mandatory for umpires and coaches are welcome.
• All Muskogee Youth Baseball team fees due March 19, to be turned in from 5-8 p.m. Contact: Marie Gassaway, (918) 682-3745.
• Azalea Festival basketball event for adult and youth 5-on-5, mixed youth high school level, April 5-6. Entry fee per team: $60. Event will also include 3-point shootout and other prizes. Contact: (918) 684-6314 or (405) 209-5471 or email HDeffebaugh@yahoo.com.
• Alumni games for Muskogee High School, Connors State and Bacone College, March 22-23. Interested participants should call 684-6314 or (405) 209-5471 or email HDeffebaugh@yahoo.com.
• The Move Inc. (Making Others Value Education) drug free basketball league, ages pre-K to sixth grade. Begins Feb. 21, deadline Feb. 16. Contact or text: Shartese McHenry, (918) 636-0271.
• A grades 3-8 basketball tournament will be held March 16 at Brushy School just north of Sallisaw. One-day tournament, three-game guarantee. For more information call (918)776-0234.
• All-State youth games for a playoff tournament March 15-16 at Muskogee High School. Coaches should submit nominees with stats to (918) 856-1683 or email HDeffebaugh@yahoo.com.
• “Red and White Rumble” alumni style game between Hilldale and Fort Gibson alum, 2 p.m. May 5. Any graduate from either school is eligible to play. Cost of $40 includes a T-shirt, mouthpiece and insurance. Each team will provide equipment, unless you choose to use your own. Proceeds will benefit both Hilldale and Fort Gibson programs. To register, Hilldale people contact Mike Jacobs (918) 816-0734 and Fort Gibson people, Jordan Kelly at (918) 323-8175.
• Luck of the Draw 5k Run/Walk, 9 a.m. March 30 at Hatbox Sports Complex 5K trail. Hosted by Team Hope as a fundraiser for American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. Contacts: luckofthedraw5k.eventbrite.com, (918) 684-3418 or email email@example.com.
• Green Country Girls Softball Association annual coaches meeting at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 21 at Indian Capital Technology Center, Room 100, Building C. Contact: GCGSA (918) 682-6548.
• Softball sign-ups for Green Country Girls Softball league, Feb. 23 and March 2 at the Extra Bases Indoor Practice Facility on the back side of Curt’s Shopping Center from 9 a.m. to noon. T-Ball through 12-under or ages 3-12. Contact: (918) 682-6548.
• Girls needed for a 10-and-under competitive softball team. Call (918) 384-9771 or (918) 441-0292.