NORMAN – University of Oklahoma men’s basketball junior forward Amath M'Baye was named Phillips 66 Big 12 Rookie of the Week on Monday for the second time this season.
In OU's lone game of the week, the 6-foot-9, 208-pounder scored 16 points and added a team-high-tying six rebounds and a season-high three steals in a 74-63 home win over Ohio on Saturday. M'Baye was 6-for-8 from the field and 4-for-5 from the free throw line in his 22 minutes.
On the year, the Preseason Big 12 Newcomer of the Year is averaging 9.5 points and 6.0 rebounds while shooting .488 from the field in 23.4 minutes per contest. He ranks second on the team with nine blocked shots
- ROUGH, TOUGH AND ROWDY: 2013 Phoenix Male Athlete of the Year
- Field is wide open at NJCAA World Series
- Hilldale’s offensive line is organized if not set
- All-terrain vehicle racers invade Love-Hatbox this weekend
- Sooner ace puts Oklahoma one win from WCWS
- Oklahoma tosses second straight shutout in beating Tech
- OU rallies around tragedy
- Norman super regional notebook
- Local racing glance
- TCU rallies to defeat Cowboys
- More Sports Headlines