OU softball coach honored
Oklahoma softball coach Patty Gasso was one of three members inducted into the National Fastpitch Coaches Association Hall of Fame Friday night at the 2012 NFCA Convention in Orlando, Fla.
The upcoming 2013 season will be Gasso's 19th year at the helm of Oklahoma. She has reached the postseason in all 18 of her years at OU, including seven trips to the Women's College World Series, highlighted by the school's 2000 national championship.
Tulsa volleyball out at NCAAs
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Making its third straight NCAA appearance, Tulsa fell to No. 15-ranked Florida 3-0 (25-9, 25-21, 25-21) to see its season draw to a close at the O’Connell Center on Friday during the first round of the NCAA championship.
Tulsa (26-10) was led by senior outside hitter Tyler Henderson, who tallied 17 kills after recording zero in the first frame. She leaves the school as the NCAA all-time leader in kills during the 25-point rally-scoring era.
- Phoenix Athletic School of the Year - Fort Gibson High School: Girls were dandy, but got help
- Connors holds on to win NJCAA opener
- Big changes in Muskogee defensive set
- Sooners run-rule way to WCWS
- OU wins in extra frames, to play for Big 12 tournament title
- Oklahoma State exits Big 12 tourney winless
- Sports calendar
- ROUGH, TOUGH AND ROWDY: 2013 Phoenix Male Athlete of the Year
- Hilldale’s offensive line is organized if not set
- Field is wide open at NJCAA World Series
- More Sports Headlines