OU softball coach honored
Oklahoma softball coach Patty Gasso was one of three members inducted into the National Fastpitch Coaches Association Hall of Fame Friday night at the 2012 NFCA Convention in Orlando, Fla.
The upcoming 2013 season will be Gasso's 19th year at the helm of Oklahoma. She has reached the postseason in all 18 of her years at OU, including seven trips to the Women's College World Series, highlighted by the school's 2000 national championship.
Tulsa volleyball out at NCAAs
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Making its third straight NCAA appearance, Tulsa fell to No. 15-ranked Florida 3-0 (25-9, 25-21, 25-21) to see its season draw to a close at the O’Connell Center on Friday during the first round of the NCAA championship.
Tulsa (26-10) was led by senior outside hitter Tyler Henderson, who tallied 17 kills after recording zero in the first frame. She leaves the school as the NCAA all-time leader in kills during the 25-point rally-scoring era.
- Longtime coach Ben Baker loses battle with cancer
- Former THS boys coach headed east
- Two Connors athletes honored
- Bacone baseball honored by NAIA
- Warner, Checotah enter the coaching carousel
- New TU athletics director has game
- Former coach, OU player have Twitter war
- Another chance for glory: Baseball players get shot to display wares for pro scout
- Remembering what dear old dad means to us
- Former OU coach explains departure
- More Sports Headlines