ALABAMA 59, ARKANSAS 56 — Alabama’s Trevor Lacey and Levi Randolph hit 3 of 4 free throws in the final 17 seconds and Alabama held on in Tuscaloosa, Ala., on Thursday.
Lacey scored 14 points for the Crimson Tide (13-7, 5-2 Southeastern Conference). BJ Young hit a layup with 5 seconds left and then missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer for Arkansas (12-8, 3-4) after Randolph made two free throws.
ORAL ROBERTS 90, NICHOLLS STATE 78 — Shawn Glover had 25 points and nine rebounds, Warren Niles had 24 points and ORU (13-8, 8-1 Southland) shot 62 percent from the floor in winning its fifth straight game.
ORAL ROBERTS 85, NICHOLLS ST. 56 – At Tulsa, Kevi Luper scored 22 points and Jaci Bigham added 20 for ORU (9-10, 6-3 Southland Conference). Luper added a season-high 10 rebounds.
UTEP 50, TULSA 35 — At El Paso, Taleya Mayberry had a team-high 13 points as the Golden Hurricane falls to 7-13 and 2-5 in Conference USA action, while UTEP improved to 17-2 on the year, and 5-1 in C-USA play.
- Top of their games: Individuals voted best in golf, tennis, track
- Moore tornado draws attention of sports world
- Family pair share odd perfection
- Cowboy pitcher is week's best
- College baseball, softball glance
- Vian shortstop lone area All-Stater
- Sports briefs: College baseball
- Sooners knock out Arkansas to advance to Super Regional
- 2013 ALL-PHOENIX SLOWPITCH SOFTBALL TEAM: Muskogee takes the top honors
- Outlaw Motorsports Park: Saturday's results
- More Sports Headlines