Connors State Cowgirls head basketball coach Eddie Kite announced that three members of his 2011-12 basketball team has signed national letters-of-intent, sophomores Taylor Lloyd, Nikki Lewis and Tiffanie Abrams.
Lewis, a 5-foot-6 guard from Sequoyah, will continue her playing career at Tabor College in Hillsboro, Kan, an NAIA member. Lewis averaged 12.5 points last year and 4.2 assists a game while being selected as a honorable mention Oklahoma Collegiate Athletic Conference selection pick last year.
Abrams, a 5-10 forward from Detroit, signed with NCAA Division II member Missouri Western State University in St. Joseph, Mo. Abrams led the Cowgirls with 15.8 scoring average and 5.8 rebounds while shooting 44 percent from the three-point line. She was a first team All-OCAC selection this past season.
Lloyd, a 5-9 guard from Brooklyn, N.Y., signed with NAIA member school Park University in Kansas City, Mo. Lloyd averaged 8 points per game last season.
The three sophomores were members of the 2011 OCAC Champions and won 45 games during their two years with the Cowgirls.
- The 2013 All-Phoenix soccer team: FGHS dominates honors
- OU skipper offers neighborly aid
- Connors players impacted by storm
- Race track part of area’s relief effort
- League delays baseball tourney after tornado
- Conference foes pitch in on relief effort
- Porter coach departure among area changes
- Vian shortstop lone area All-Stater
- Top of their games: Individuals voted best in golf, tennis, track
- Moore tornado draws attention of sports world
- More Sports Headlines