The Sports Calendar runs in print each Sunday and Thursday and is for non-profit community organizations or events sponsored by non-profit community organizations, Send entries by fax to (918) 684-2865, mail to 214 Wall Street, Muskogee 74401, bring by the Phoenix anytime Monday through Friday or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information will not be taken by phone. Items to run in Sunday’s paper must be submitted before noon Friday, and for Thursday’s paper, noon on Tuesday.
• Louisville Slugger will introduce its all-new, reinvented 2013 bat product line simultaneously at 67 locations nationwide including Muskogee. Players at all levels, from youth to college, will have the opportunity, at no expense, to swing the most technologically advanced bats on the market and receive feedback from bat professionals who can help them find the right bat for their swing. The event will be at Extra Bases from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday. For more information, visit www.slugger.com/demo.
• Fort Gibson will be holding sign-ups for boys and girls T-ball & baseball ages 4-12 at the community center (north of Fort Gibson City Hall) from 9-11 a.m. on Feb. 9. Cost will be $75 per player. Money due March 1. Season: April 29 - June 21. Contact: Jennifer Jones, director (918) 478-4856.
• Muskogee Youth Baseball registration 10 a.m. to noon Feb. 9 and Feb. 23 at Extra Bases, 2240 E. Shawnee (back side of Curt’s Mall). Birth certificate and player fee needed, $45 for ages 4-5, 6-8 $65 and 9-12 $85. Contact: Marie Gassaway, (918) 682-3745.
• Muskogee Youth Baseball clinic for umpires and coaches, umpires mandatory, 6:30 p.m. March 12, 26 at Extra Bases, 2240 E. Shawnee (back side of Curt’s Mall). Mandatory for umpires and coaches are welcome.
• Muskogee Youth Baseball team fees due March 19, to be turned in from 5-8 p.m. All fees are due at this time.
• Oktaha annual Alumni Basketball Games, Feb. 8, K-3 grades at 6 p.m., women alumni at 7 p.m. and men at 8. Contact: Kia Holmes, (918) 616-2464 or Karen Moore (918) 616-2515. Cost is admission and concessions will be available.
• Azalea Festival basketball event for adult and youth 5-on-5, mixed youth high school level in March.Entry fee per team: $60. Event will also include 3-point shootout and other prizes. Contact: (918) 684-63-14 or (405) 209-5471 or email HDeffebaugh@yahoo.com.
• Alumni games for Muskogee High School, Connors State and Bacone College, March 22-23. Interested participants should call 684-6314 or (405) 209-5471 or email HDeffebaugh@yahoo.com.
• All-State youth games for a playoff tournament March 15-16 at Muskogee High School. Coaches should submit nominees with stats to (918) 856-1683 or email HDeffebaugh@yahoo.com.
• The Move Inc. (Making Others Value Education) drug free basketball league, ages pre-K to sixth grade. Begins Feb. 21, deadline Feb. 11. Contact or text: Shartese McHenry, (918) 636-0271.
• Fort Gibson High School alumni soccer game, Feb. 9 – women 4 p.m., boys 6 p.m. Contact: Billy Whitehead, (918) 616-4805 or soccercoach13@hotmail. com.
• Green Country Girls Softball Association will be holding its annual coaches meeting at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 21 at Indian Capital Technology Center, Room 100, Building C. Contact: GCGSA (918) 682-6548.
• Girls needed for a 10-and-under competitive softball team. Call (918) 384-9771 or 918-441-0292.