OKTAHA SPLITS — The Tigers (8-11) defeated Whitesboro 16-11 and lost 7-2 to Wister in late games on Friday.
Josiah LaSarge was the winning pitcher against Whitesboro as Caleb Shoemake had four hits and drove in six runs and scored four runs. Josh Bible homered in one of his three hits and scored two runs. Daceauda Davis had four hits including two doubles and scored two runs.
Davis was the losing pitcher against Wister. He and Dalton Martin had a hit each.
Oktaha plays at 4:30 p.m. Monday at home against Stuart.
SEQUOYAH GOES 5-4 IN COWETA — Playing in the Coweta Tournament that ended Saturday, the Sequoyah Lady Indians won five of nine matches to win the consolation title as Kendra Hammer was named to the All-Tournament team.
The Lady Indians beat Claremore Sequoyah 25-18, 25-14 and topped Tulsa East Central 25-22, 25-11.
In earlier matches, Sequoyah lost 2-1 to Claremore (25-18, 10-25, 14-16) and 2-0 to Muskogee (25-16., 25-23).
Tahlequah Sequoyah (19-9) plays at Claremore Sequoyah at 5 p.m. Tuesday.
MUSKOGEE FINISHES 19th, 20th — At the Tulsa Bishop Kelley Invitational Saturday, the Roughers finished 19th and the Lady Roughers took 20th.
Filo Espinosa was the top finisher for the boys in 56th at 19 minutes and nine seconds on the five-kilometer course. The other Rougher finishers included Will Matthews in 105th (20:26), Gunner Heath (116th at 20:46), Joe Andrews (117th in 20:48) and Dalton Harnage (118th in 20:48).
Xandrea Maxwell was the top finisher for the Lady Roughers in 97th at 15:58 on the two-mile layout.
The other Lady Roughers included LaShai Nunley (16:16) in 109th, Diana Valezquez (16:51) in 114th, Luz Garcia (18:13) in 126th and Adarya Shipp in 137th (22:54).
Bishop Kelley won the boys division with 25 points and Norman North won the girls division with 31 points.
- The 2013 All-Phoenix baseball team: Hornet is MVP but 3A finalists lead number of area selections
- Pitcher believes leading by example is best way to adjust
- Success at top of lineup begins at bottom
- Area rodeo clubs accepting donations for tornado victims
- Sports calendar
- The 2013 All-Phoenix soccer team: FGHS dominates honors
- Connors players impacted by storm
- OU skipper offers neighborly aid
- Race track part of area’s relief effort
- League delays baseball tourney after tornado
- More Sports Headlines