Mountain View Volunteer Fire Department firefighters finish putting out a fire that lit a recreational vehicle’s propane tank on fire, ending in an explosion. Leo and Delltherese Young of Muskogee and their dog, Princess, were westbound on Harris Road when Leo said the RV stalled at the 17th Street intersection. After coasting a short distance, smoke began to billow out from under the RV’s hood, Leo said.
“We started filling up a bucket with water from (a creek) over here,” Leo said. “But we couldn’t put it out.”
Mountain View Chief Don Dailey said one of two propane tanks on the RV exploded, sending shrapnel into nearby fields. Neighbors reported hearing an explosion that sounded like a small bomb. No one was injured in the explosion or fire which occurred at approximately 3:30 p.m.