The Hospital Volunteers of Oklahoma recently recognized volunteers from across the state as 2012 Volunteers with Spirit. The awards were presented during the Hospital Volunteer Day Luncheon at the Oklahoma Hospital Association Annual Convention on Oct. 31.
Tahlequah City Hospital’s Volunteer with Spirit was Bernadine Summerlin.
The award was given to hospital volunteers who exemplify the spirit of service and have a passion for the work they do for their organizations, according to a media release. Volunteers with Spirit winners bring something special to their local hospital auxiliaries by standing out from the rest in what they do, how they do it or why they do it. Each volunteer auxiliary at Oklahoma hospitals was given the opportunity to choose one person for the award.
- Local News
- P.M. UPDATE: How to vote for the Swon Brothers on "The Voice"
- P.M. UPDATE: Warner company completes Phase 2 of network
- P.M. UPDATE: Muskogee police reports, 06.17.13
- A.M. UPDATE: Job fair set for Thursday
- Swon Brothers have come a long way
- How to vote for the Swon Brothers
- Wagoner claims Swons, too
- When on the air, Swons aren’t putting on airs
- OG&E cited for ‘green power’ initiatives
- TCH employees receive honors
- More Local News Headlines