A Cherokee County man decided Monday not to fight his extradition from Florida back to Tahlequah, where he faces several charges of lewd molestation of a child.
Roxie Lee Wagers, 71, waived extradition in Broward County, Fla., where he has been jailed since his arrest by U.S. marshals Jan. 8.
Investigators used several sources of information to learn Wagers was in the Fort Lauderdale area and might be trying to flee the country to several possible locations.
Authorities say Wagers sexually abused several underage girls over a number of years. Formal charges include nine felony counts of lewd molestation and one count of attempted solicitation of a minor for indecent exposure.
The Cherokee County Sheriff's Office will be escorting Wagers back to Tahlequah from Florida.
- Local News
- Hilldale Class of 2013 graduates
- Guns up for auction
- Plan would enlarge port barge area
- MHS seniors get big honors
- MHS Senior Awards
- Woman booked on DUI complaint in crash
- Rehab services reduces waiting list
- Pet of the week — Beth
- Pet of the Week — Lovey
- Muskogee student to graduate OSB
- More Local News Headlines