This collection of bras and a banner just outside Town Hall is a pet project of local Ragena Rogers. She hopes to use “HookedUp” to honor breast cancer survivors and victims and raise awareness, Rogers said.
“I came up with it because I was looking at some kind of a recycling site on the Internet,” she said. “They'd hooked up some bras like this down in the country side, along a country road, all strung up.” Rogers said bras have come in from other states and even countries too. Rogers said she invites any survivors or family members of cancer victims to come and hook up a bra of their own — and write a dedication or their name on the inside. For those who can't make it to the banner, they can drop off bras at local businesses The Pink Cupcake, A Flower Can, and the Courtyard Bistro.
- Fort Gibson
- Red and White game rescheduled to Thursday
- Students learn Indian culture
- Fort Faith: Flowers can teach us lessons that help us grow in spirit
- Chamber Notes: Golf tourney had good turnout
- Seniors hear uplifting message
- Honors, highest honors students named
- Football, athletic camps set for students
- Boys, girls basketball camps scheduled
- Trophies, cakes highlight Special Olympics event
- Chamber Notes: Chamber, owners celebrate Fajita Rita’s new locale
- More Fort Gibson Headlines