Assembly of God
FIRST, Muskogee, 3100 Gulick St.
• Church will host a summer food service program Mondays through Fridays from 8 to 8:30 a.m. and noon to 1 p.m. through Aug. 10.
NEW HOPE, 110 W. 58th St. S., two miles south of Peak Boulevard on U.S. 64. Services are at 9:30 a.m. Sunday. Pastor: John Overton. Information: (918) 683-2139.
• Celebrate Recovery is Fridays with dinner at 6 p.m. and large group at 7 p.m. For transportation, call (918) 351-5218 or (918) 348-0424.
ANTIOCH MISSIONARY, 700 N. Fourth St., worship at 10:45 a.m. Sunday. Information: (918) 682-7603 or (918) 682-5850.
• Church will celebrate Rev. M.J. Coleman’s first anniversary at 3 p.m. July 29. Rev. Dr. T.L. Brown, pastor of the Exciting Ervay Cedar Baptist Church and general secretary for the National Missionary Convention of America from Dallas, will be the guest speaker. Guest vocalist Sarah Nicole will be perforning along with a host of others. Lunch will be served and the public is invited. Information: (918) 682-7603.
• First community-wide vacation Bible school and revival, Aug. 1-3. Rev. Dr. Christopher Armstrong, pastor of Mt. Vernon Baptist Church in Indianapolis will be the guest revivalist. Rev. Ann Brizendine and Rev. Roger Cuttler will be the special guest instructors. Children eat free and everyone is invited. Information: (918) 682-7603.
320 S. Mission, Tahlequah, has Sunday school at 10 a.m. and Sunday worship at 11 a.m. with Bible study at 6 p.m. Wednesday. Information: The Rev. Vernell Racy, pastor, (479) 221-3422, or Betty Brown or Lee Sallis, (918) 456-9461.
• Monthly College Day Service is at 11 a.m. the first Sunday of the month. Information: ambct.tripod.com.
CENTRAL, 624 East Side Blvd.; Sunday school, 9:30 a.m.; worship, 10:50 a.m.; adult choir, discipleship training, 5:30 p.m.; children’s meal and music, 5:30 p.m.; worship, 6:30 p.m. Pastor: J.T. Carvell. Information: (918) 683-2946.
• Wednesdays — Journey into True Worship and prayer service, youth activities, 6:30 p.m.
• Thursdays — free clothings closet, 1 to 4 p.m., enter through the northwest door marked “elevator.”
EASTERN HEIGHTS, corner of York and Haskell streets, Sunday school, 9:30 a.m.; church service, 10:45 a.m. and 6 p.m.; 7 p.m., Wednesdays. Pastor: The Rev. Jeff Mann. Information: (918) 682-5556.
• Church will host a six-county gospel singing convention from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 28, including a pot-luck lunch at noon.
EVANGELIST TEMPLE, 115 W. Southside Blvd.: Sunday school, 10 a.m.; worship, 11 a.m.; Wednesday prayer service, 5:30 p.m., with Bible study at 6 p.m. Information: Pastor Richard Brooks, (918) 687-6312 or (918) 687-3034.
• Clothing giveaway for those in need 5-7 p.m. Wednesdays. Information: (918) 687-3034 or (918) 348-1460.
FIRST, 6600 S. 54 St. West, Summit. Pastor: The Rev. Charles N. Moore. Co-chairpeople: Jeri Threats and Jean Tucker. Information: (918) 682-8344 or (918) 686-0363.
• Church will host the fourth celebration of pastor Charles and Johnita Moore at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. July 29. Guest will be the Rev. Hershey Hammonds of First Baptist Church in Guthrie and the Rev. Antoine Lee of Central Christian Church of Kansas City, Mo.
FIRST FREE WILL, 105 S. Polk, Wagoner.
• Church will host a summer food service program Monday through Friday from noon to 1 p.m. through Aug. 17. No meals July 4. Information: (918) 864-1739
FOUNTAIN, 2540 W. 60th St. North. Pastor: The Rev. William Brown, and Doris Marshall, pianist. Information: (918) 683-0139 or (918) 687-0301.
• Church will have a gospel singing at 3 p.m. the first Sunday of each month. August lineup: Spiritual Echoes of Tulsa and the Spiritual Harmonizers of Tulas and Muskogee, along with the Heavenly Echoes. Information: (918) 441-1031.
HILLCREST FREE WILL, 909 Northeast 11th St., Wagoner, 9:45 a.m. Sunday school; 11 a.m. worhip. Pastor: Francis Berka. Information: (918) 485-2672.
• Church has a free breakfast at 8:30 a.m. every third Sunday.
GRANDVIEW, 3608 S. Cherokee Drive. Pastor: Danny Mills. Information: (918) 683-2477 or www.grandviewbaptist.com.
• Wednesday dinner will be served at 5:30 p.m. each week. Cost is $2.50 for adults and $1 for children 10 and under; or a maximum of $7 per family.
HILLCREST FREE WILL, 909 N.E. 11th St., Wagoner. Information: (918) 485-2672, (918) 694-2349 or email@example.com.
• Church serves a free breakfast at 8:30 a.m. every third Sunday.
• Church will be host of a gospel concert with the Ozark Singers at 6 p.m. July 28.
• Church will have revival services with the Rev. Thomas Ballard of Pryor at 7 p.m. Aug. 8-11. Everyone welcome.
GREATER CANAAN MISSIONARY, 2331 Euclid.
• Church will host its annual choir day at 3:30 p.m. July 29. Guest churches are New Balm Outreach Ministries of Muskogee, Union Baptist Church of Wagoner, Macedonia Baptist church of Muskogee and Jerusalem Baptist Church of Muskogee. Special guest is Celtis Lowe and Braylon Dedmon Sr. will play the saxophone.
NEW ZION, 901 N. Third St., has Sunday school at 9:30 a.m.; worship service at 11 a.m. Sunday; and Bible study at 6 p.m. Wednesday. Information: Gary Mitchum Sr., pastor, (918) 687-4229.
• Church will host an appreciation service for music and choir director Janet Barnes at 3 p.m. July 29. Speaker will be Rev. Gary Hall of Loving Mt. Calvary Baptist Church. Information: (918) 687-4229
NORWOOD-LAKEVIEW, 20980 Oklahoma 80, two miles from Fort Gibson Dam on Oklahoma 80 North, has Sunday school at 10 a.m., worship at 11 a.m. and evening worship at 6 p.m. A midweek revival is held at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Information: (918) 478-3173.
• Church will give free school supplies for Norwood students from 10 a.m. to noon Aug. 4. Free refreshments and entertainment for kids.
• The Rev. Jim Kizzia will guest preach at Hope Baptist Church in Checotah 11 a.m. July 29.
SAINT JOSEPH, 321 N. Virginia St. Vigil mass, 5 p.m. Saturdays. Sundays, mass, 9:30 a.m. in English and noon in Spanish. Daily masses at 8:15 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays. Information: (918) 687-1351.
• The Knights of Columbus will host a free pancake breakfast from 8 to 10 a.m. July 28 in the parish hall.
• The English as a second language classes are dismissed for the summer. They will begin again Sept. 10 from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
• Donations of school supplies will be accepted over the next few weeks. Donations can be placed in the little red school house located in the commons area of the church.
• Youth choir rehearsals are at 5:30 p.m. Mondays in the choir room.
• Saint Joseph is accepting new students for the 2012-13 school year. Information or a tour of the school: (918) 683-1291.
GRACE, 218 N. Sixth St., activities on Sunday, 9:15, nursery opens; 9:30 a.m., worship, followed by coffee fellowship.
• July 30 — 7:30 p.m., Al-Anon.
• Aug. 1 — 9 a.m., Meals on Wheels; 5:30 p.m., Boat Builders.
• Aug. 3 — 9 a.m., Meals on Wheels; 7:30 p.m., Al-Anon.
BETHANY, 2000 E. Haskell Blvd., 9:15 a.m. Sunday, Coffee Time; 9:30 a.m., Sunday school; 10:45 a.m., worship service. Information: (918) 682-8683 or www.bethanypresbyterianchurch.org.
• July 30 — 10:30 a.m., Bible study.
• July 31 — 6 p.m., T.O.P.S.
• Aug. 1 — 9 a.m., Meals on Wheels.
• Aug. 2 — 1 p.m., fun and games.
• Aug. 3 — 9 a.m., Meals on Wheels.
FIRST, 500 W. Broadway, 9:45 a.m., Sunday school; 11 a.m., worship service.
• July 30 — noon, Monday Musings, brown bag lunch and conversation in Nash Hall; 5:30 p.m., Yoga; 6 p.m., Muskogee Area Quilters.
• July 31 — 7 p.m., Grief Share in church library.
• Aug. 1 — 12:30 p.m., prayer quilts
• Aug. 4 — 8:30 a.m., Breakfast on Broadway, serving a free community breakfast in Nash Hall; 9 a.m., Ramp It Up, building wheelchair ramps for those in need in the community; 10 a.m., Muskogee Area Quilters.
SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST, 170 N. Country Club Road, lesson study at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, service 11 a.m. Information: (918) 682-5602.
• Soup kitchen is open from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Donations welcome.
FIRST, 419 W. Gentry St., Checotah, Mission Hall service, 8:30 a.m.; Sunday school, 9:30 a.m.; worship, 10:50 a.m. Youth meet at 5 p.m. Sundays. Midweek communion 7 a.m. Wednesdays in a 20-minute service. An attended nursery is available for the Sunday morning services. Information: fumcchecotah.org or (918) 473-5714.
• Church will have vacation Bible school from 5 to 8 p.m. July 29-Aug. 2. The theme is “Operation Overboard: Dare to Go Deep With God.” Meals included.
FIRST, 600 E. Okmulgee Ave., Sunday services are at 8:50 a.m., contemporary worship; Sunday school, 10:05 a.m.; traditional worship, 11:05 a.m. Information: (918) 682-3368.
• Gamblers Anonymous meets at the church at 6 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays.
OKAY, Oklahoma 16, Sunday worship, 9 a.m. Pastor: Raymond Griffin.
• Church has a Bible study and potluck dinner at 6 p.m. Wednesdays.
CHRIST FOR THE WORLD INTERNATIONAL, 120 N. 24th St., services are at 11 a.m. Sunday and 7 p.m. Tuesday. Pastor: Isaiah and Amber Thompson. Information: (918) 684-9963.
• Church will hold a Bible college at 7 p.m. Aug. 6. The church’s Bible college has the same accrediation as Joyce Meyer and Rod Parsley's Bible Colleges and is associated with Midwest College of Theology.
• Church will host a summer food service program Tuesdays and Sundays through Aug. 17. No meals July 4. Tuesday meals are 6 to 6:30 p.m. for dinner and a snack from 7:30 to 7:45 p.m. On Sundays, church will host breakfast from 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. and lunch from noon to 12:30 p.m. Information: (918) 684-9963.
Deadline for church news is noon Wednesday. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; fax to (918) 684-2865; mail to P.O. Box 1968, Muskogee 74402. For a complete list of Muskogee area churches, log on to www.muskogeephoenix.com.왠
Assembly of God
- A Hall of Fame kind of show
- Group to have luncheon Saturday
- Local museum open Sunday
- Library sets adult reading program
- Book tells science behind organic gardening
- Slice of Life 05.23.13
- Does policy equal uniformity?
- Kale among most nutritious leafy greens of all
- Slice of Life 05.20.13
- Theater camp set for June
- More Features Headlines