SANCTUARY, 2006 S. Cherokee. Pastor: Gary Martin. Information: (318) 235-8934.
• Three Fold Cord of Apostolic Identity bible study, 7:30 p.m. every Tuesday. Information: (318) 235-8934.
Assembly of God
NEW HOPE, 110 W. 58th St. S., two miles south of Peak Boulevard on U.S. 64. Services are at 9:30 a.m. Sunday. Pastor: John Overton. Information: (918) 683-2139.
• Celebrate Recovery is Fridays with dinner at 6 p.m. and large group at 7 p.m. For transportation, call (918) 351-5218 or (918) 348-0424.
ANTIOCH, 320 S. Mission, Tahlequah, has Sunday school at 10 a.m. and Sunday worship at 11 a.m. with Bible study at 6 p.m. Wednesday. Information: The Rev. Vernell Racy, pastor, (479) 221-3422, or Betty Brown or Lee Sallis, (918) 456-9461.
• Monthly College Day Service is at 11 a.m. the first Sunday of the month. Information: ambct.tripod.com.
CALVARY, Oklahoma 150, Eufaula. Information: (918) 689-9403.
• The Mark Trammell Quartet will be in concert at 7 p.m. March 29. Tickets are $15 and the concert will benefit the Calvary Christian Boarding Academy in Eufaula. Information: (918) 689-9403.
CENTRAL, 624 East Side Blvd.; Sunday school, 9:30 a.m.; worship, 10:50 a.m.; adult choir, discipleship training, 5:30 p.m.; children’s meal and music, 5:30 p.m.; worship, 6:30 p.m. Pastor: J.T. Carvell. Information: (918) 683-2946.
• Wednesdays — Journey into True Worship and prayer service, youth activities, 6:30 p.m.
• Thursdays — free clothing closet, 1 to 4 p.m., enter through the northwest door marked “elevator.”
DEAN’S CHAPEL, 1119 S. Junction. Pastor: The Rev. Don Dumas. Information: (918) 683-3771.
• Church’s Young Adult Mission will hold an inaugural program at 3 p.m. March 17. The program will serve as a revival for the Young Adult’s Mission as well as honor the memory of Mrs. Patty Dumas. The speaker will be Dean’s Chapel’s La Juana Jones. S.W.A.G. (Saved Worshippers After God) “the choir” will sing as well as selections from Vanessa Birmingham and A’dria Woody. Public invited.
EVANGELIST TEMPLE, 115 W. Southside Blvd.: Sunday school, 10 a.m.; worship, 11 a.m.; Wednesday prayer service, 5:30 p.m., with Bible study at 6 p.m. Information: Pastor Richard Brooks, (918) 687-6312 or (918) 687-3034.
• Clothing giveaway for those in need 5-7 p.m. Wednesdays. Information: (918) 687-3034 or (918) 348-1460.
FIRST FREE WILL, 1228 Patterson St. Information: (918) 683-4230 or (918) 733-4259.
• Church will host Muskogee County Gospel Singing Convention at 1:30 p.m. today. Information: Charles and Fay Learned, (918) 683-4230 or Zane and Linda Harding, (918) 733-4259.
FIRST FREE WILL, 105 S. Polk, Wagoner.
• Church is participating in the at-risk after school program. Meals will be provided to all children without charge, through May 10. Supper will be served from 5 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
FIRST INDIAN, 510 S. Ninth St.: Prayer time, 9:45 a.m.; Bible study classes, 10 a.m.; worship, 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Pastor: James Farmer. Information: (918) 816-0857.
• Church will host a yard sale from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 16. It is a fundraiser to send memeber to attend Indian Falls Creek, a weeklong Bible study camp.
HILLCREST FREE WILL, 909 Northeast 11th St., Wagoner, 9:45 a.m. Sunday school; 11 a.m. worship. Pastor: Francis Berka. Information: (918) 485-2672.
• Church has a free breakfast at 8:30 a.m. every third Sunday.
GRANDVIEW, 3608 S. Cherokee Drive. Pastor: Danny Mills. Information: (918) 683-2477 or www.grandviewbaptist.com.
• Wednesday dinner will be served at 5:30 p.m. each week. Cost is $2.50 for adults and $1 for children 10 and under; or a maximum of $7 per family.
ST. THOMAS PRIMITIVE, south of Muskogee in Summit. Information: Michael Baker at (918) 684-8900, or Kenneth Thomas, at (918) 683-1355.
• Church will host a 15-year pastor anniversary for Rev. Earl D. Baker II at 3 p.m., March 10. Rev. Rodger Cutler of St. Mark Baptist Church will bring the message. Dr. Marlon Coleman will be in charge of the pulpit. The Muskogee Community Choir will bring the music selections. Recording artist Revelations is also planned for the event. Dinner will be served from 1 to 2:30 p.m. The public is invited to attend.
ST. MARK, 1020 S. Second St. Pastor: The Rev. Rodger Cutler. Information: Brenda Davison, (918) 683-1669.
• Church will host its annual choir workshop at 6 p.m. March 14-16. The musical will be held at 3 p.m. March 17. Ava Bruner from Mt. Olive Baptist Church in Oklahoma City will serve as clinician. Public invited.
VANN LAKE, 5068 N. 90th Road West, Porter, Sunday school, 10 a.m.; worship, 11 a.m., and in the home of Pastor Dale Carey at 7 p.m. Bible study 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the church. Information: (918) 686-6980.
• Church will have its monthly gospel singing on the second Saturday of each month. Eating starts at 6 p.m. with the singing at 7 p.m.
VIAN, U.S. 64 West or exit 297 off I-40 East, Vian. Information: (918) 773-5226 or www.thedills.net.
• Church will host Steve Hess and the Southern Salvation at 7 p.m. April 5 for a free concert. Doors open at 5 p.m.
SAINT JOSEPH, 321 N. Virginia St. Vigil mass, 5 p.m. Saturdays. Sundays, mass, 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. in English and 12:30 p.m. in Spanish. Information: (918) 687-1351.
• Fridays during Lent church will have stations of the cross at 6 p.m. followed by benediction. There will be a movie presentation on “Catholicism” in the parish hall after benediction.
• Reconcilition will be offered on Tuesday during Lent from 6 to 7 p.m. in the church.
• Knights of Columbus will host a fish fry at 5 p.m. March 15.
GRACE, 218 N. Sixth S t., activities on Sunday, 8 a.m. healing service in chapel; 9:30 a.m., youth and adult classes; 10:30 a.m. healing service in church, followed by coffee fellowship.
• March 11 — 7:30 p.m., Al Anon.
• March 12 — 6 p.m., Education for ministry
• March 13 — 9 a.m., Meals on Wheels; 12:05 p.m., “Journey to Easter” at First Methodist Church; 5:30 p.m. “The Story” Bible study.
• March 15 — 9 a.m., Meals on Wheels; 7:30 p.m., Al Anon.
• March 16 — 8:30 a.m., Saturday Sextons; 10 a.m., Tai Chi in nursery.
FIRST, 428 E. Broadway, Sunday school, 9:15 a.m.; worship, 10:30 a.m. Sunday. Pastor: Wayne Schuett. Information or van pick up: (918) 682-9533.
• Kids ’N the Bible, 9 a.m. Breakfast, a Bible story, music, games, and a craft.
• Church will host Lent midweek dinner and service at 6:15 p.m. March 13 and 20. Palm Sunday will be March 24.
HARVEST MINISTRIES CHURCH, 2200 E. Okmulgee Ave., services at 10 a.m. Sunday and 7 p.m. Wednesday. Pastors: Lester and Doretha Beasley, (918) 816-0901. Information: (918) 686-7455.
• Church is having a Super Service Sunday at 4 p.m. March 10. Guest Speakers are Pastor Sedell Campbell and Pastor Steve Rucker. There will be guest choirs and special prayer. The public is invited.
• Church will host “Boys II Men” workshop at 9 a.m. March 16. Cost: $5 for men 18 and older. Registration opens at 8:30 a.m. Event sponsored by Muskogee Christian Ministers Union and Blackjack Missionary Baptist Church.
BETHANY, 2000 E. Haskell Blvd., 9 a.m., coffee time; 9:30 a.m., Sunday school; 10:45 a.m., worship service, followed by potluck meet and eat. Information: (918) 682-8683 or www.bethanypresbyterianchurch.org.
• March 11 — 10:30 a.m. Bible Study.
• March 12 — 5 p.m. T.O.P.S.
• March 13 — 9 a.m. Meals on Wheels; 6 p.m. Bethany Productions.
• March 14 — 1 p.m. fun and games.
• March 15 — 9 a.m. Meals on Wheels.
FIRST, 500 W. Broadway, 9:45 a.m., 11 a.m., worship service.
• March 10 — noon, potluck lunch.
• March 11 — noon, Monday Musings, brown bag lunch and conversation in Nash Hall; 5:30 p.m. yoga; 6 p.m. Muskogee Area Quilters.
• March 12 — 11:30 a.m. Presbyterian Women’s Circle; 3:30 p.m., Avon in Nash Hall; 7 p.m. Grief share.
• March 13 — 5:30 p.m. Sanctuary choir rehearsal; 6:45 p.m. Glory Ringers rehearsal.
• March 14 — 6 p.m., Muskogee Area Quilters meet in Nash Hall.
FIRST, Wagoner, 205 N. Main St., 9:45 a.m., coffee time; 9:55 a.m., Sunday school; 10:55 a.m., worship service with the Rev. Leigh McCaslin, who will explore the parable of “The Prodigal Son.” From the older brother’s perspective his father’s love is; either /or. Father either loves me or he loves my brother. Is it the same with God? Come find out. Information: (918) 485-5203.
• Church will have Maundy Thursday service and communion in commemoration of Jesus’ Last Supper with the apostles, 6:30 p.m. March 28.
• Church has a fellowship luncheon (potluck) following worship services on the second Sunday of the month.
SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST, 170 N. Country Club Road, lesson study at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, service 11 a.m. Information: (918) 682-5602.
• Soup kitchen is open from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Donations welcome.
D.D. ETCHIESON INDIAN, 412 W. Seneca, Tahlequah. Information: Faye Morrison, (918) 207-5067.
• Church is accepting donations for a new sound system. A $1 donation puts the donator in a drawing to win a “Friendship” quilt valued at $1,000.
FIFE INDIAN, 1100 Eufaula Ave., 9:45 a.m., Sunday school; 11 a.m., worship. Wednesday Bible study, 6:30 p.m. Information: The Rev. Samuel Battiest, pastor, (918) 577-6726 or (918) 629-6701.
• Church will host a wild onion dinner at 5 p.m. March 22. Menu: wild onions, ham, salt pork, beans, hominy, fry bread and desserts. Cost: $7 a plate. Information: (918) 629-6701.
• Free Choctaw language class will be offered at 6:30 p.m. Mondays through May 27. Lesson materials will be provided. Bring a Choctaw dictionary if you have one. If interested, show up to the class.
FIRST, 600 E. Okmulgee Ave., Sunday services are at 8:50 a.m., contemporary worship; Sunday school, 10:05 a.m.; traditional worship, 11:05 a.m. Information: (918) 682-3368.
• Gamblers Anonymous meets at the church at 6 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays.
OKAY, Oklahoma 16, Sunday worship, 9 a.m. Pastor: Raymond Griffin.
• Church has a Bible study and potluck dinner at 6 p.m. Wednesdays.
ST. PAUL, 2130 W. Okmulgee Ave., 8:30 a.m., worship, Rowsey Chapel; 9 a.m., FUEL, contemporary worship; 9:45 a.m., Sunday school and Children’s Spirit Zone; 11 a.m., worship, sanctuary; 6 p.m. youth group.
• Author Carolyn Hart reviews her book series “Death on Demand,” 11 a.m. March 15. Cost: $7, includes review, recipe tasting, punch, book sales and bake sale. Proceeds to benefit local missions. Information: (918) 687-7571.
CHRIST FOR THE WORLD INTERNATIONAL, 120 N. 24th St., services are at 11 a.m. Sunday and 7 p.m. Tuesday. Pastor: Isaiah and Amber Thompson. Information: (918) 684-9963.
• Church is participating in the at-risk after school program. Meals will be provided to all children without charge, through May 10. On Sundays, a snack will be served 10:30 to 11:00 a.m., and lunch will be served from noon to 12:30 p.m. On Tuesdays, supper will be served from 6 to 6:30 p.m., and a snack will be served from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Deadline for church news is noon Wednesday. Send news items by email to email@example.com; fax to (918) 684-2865; or mail to P.O. Box 1968, Muskogee OK 74402. A complete list of Muskogee-area churches is online at www.muskogeephoenix.com.
- Book tells science behind organic gardening
- Slice of Life 05.23.13
- Does policy equal uniformity?
- Kale among most nutritious leafy greens of all
- Slice of Life 05.20.13
- Theater camp set for June
- Genealogy a little easier with technology
- Muskogee senior selected to receive GP scholarship
- NSU awards Adair Scholarship to OKC freshman
- Northeastern State University Staff Council names award winners
- More Features Headlines