PETERS CHAPEL, African Methodist Episcopal, 7902 Fern Mountain Road, has services Sunday, 9:45 a.m., Sunday school; 11 a.m., Sunday service; 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Bible study. Pastor: The Rev. Willie Weary Sr. Information: (918) 687-4439.
• Church will host its “Family and Friends Appreciation Day” at 3 p.m. Aug. 19. The Rev. Steve Rucker will be the speaker for the service.
Assembly of God
NEW HOPE, 110 W. 58th St. S., two miles south of Peak Boulevard on U.S. 64. Services are at 9:30 a.m. Sunday. Pastor: John Overton. Information: (918) 683-2139.
• Celebrate Recovery is Fridays with dinner at 6 p.m. and large group at 7 p.m. For transportation, call (918) 351-5218 or (918) 348-0424.
ANTIOCH, 320 S. Mission, Tahlequah, has Sunday school at 10 a.m. and Sunday worship at 11 a.m. with Bible study at 6 p.m. Wednesday. Information: The Rev. Vernell Racy, pastor, (479) 221-3422, or Betty Brown or Lee Sallis, (918) 456-9461.
• Monthly College Day Service is at 11 a.m. the first Sunday of the month. Information: ambct.tripod.com.
• Church will host a women’s conference from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 22. The theme is “Whispers of God's Love: Mind, Body, and Spirit.” Registration is $20 in advance, due by Sept. 18th or $25 at the conference. Conference includes guest speakers, lunch, gift bags, and a silent auction. Limited scholarships are available.
CENTRAL, 624 East Side Blvd.; Sunday school, 9:30 a.m.; worship, 10:50 a.m.; adult choir, discipleship training, 5:30 p.m.; children’s meal and music, 5:30 p.m.; worship, 6:30 p.m. Pastor: J.T. Carvell. Information: (918) 683-2946.
• Wednesdays — Journey into True Worship and prayer service, youth activities, 6:30 p.m.
• Thursdays — free clothes closet, 1 to 4 p.m., enter through the northwest door marked “elevator.”
DEAN’S CHAPEL, 1119 S. Junction. Pastor: The Rev. Don Dumas. Information: (918) 683-3771.
• Church’s choir will celebrate its annual day at 3 p.m. Aug. 19. Guest churches will be First Baptist Church of Summit, Harris Chapel of Kinta and Mt. Olive Star of Checotah. Dinner will be served around 1:30 p.m.
EVANGELIST TEMPLE, 115 W. Southside Blvd.: Sunday school, 10 a.m.; worship, 11 a.m.; Wednesday prayer service, 5:30 p.m., with Bible study at 6 p.m. Information: Pastor Richard Brooks, (918) 687-6312 or (918) 687-3034.
• Clothing giveaway for those in need 5-7 p.m. Wednesdays. Information: (918) 687-3034 or (918) 348-1460.
FOUNTAIN, 2540 W. 60th St. North. Pastor: The Rev. William Brown, and Doris Marshall, pianist. Information: (918) 683-0139 or (918) 687-0301.
• Church will have a gospel singing at 3 p.m. the first Sunday of each month. August lineup: Spiritual Echoes of Tulsa and the Spiritual Harmonizers of Tulsa and Muskogee, along with the Heavenly Echoes. Information: (918) 441-1031.
HILLCREST FREE WILL, 909 Northeast 11th St., Wagoner, 9:45 a.m. Sunday school; 11 a.m. worship. Pastor: Francis Berka. Information: (918) 485-2672.
• Church has a free breakfast at 8:30 a.m. every third Sunday.
GRANDVIEW, 3608 S. Cherokee Drive. Pastor: Danny Mills. Information: (918) 683-2477 or www.grandviewbaptist.com.
• Wednesday dinner will be served at 5:30 p.m. each week. Cost is $2.50 for adults and $1 for children 10 and under; or a maximum of $7 per family.
HILLCREST FREE WILL, 909 N.E. 11th St., Wagoner. Information: (918) 485-2672, (918) 694-2349 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Church serves a free breakfast at 8:30 a.m. every third Sunday.
MOUNT CALVARY, 622 N. Sixth St., Sunday school, 9:15 a.m.; worship, 10:45 a.m.; church in training, 5:30 p.m.; Wednesday Bible study, 7 p.m. Pastor: Gary D. Hall Sr. Information: (918) 682-3292.
• Church will have its annual Women’s Day Celebration at 3 p.m. Aug. 26. Speaker will be evangelist Mary Marshall from the Shiloh Baptist Church in Redbird. Mistress of ceremony is Barbara Barrett.
NEW HOPE, 12358 S. 40th West, Oktaha, has Sunday school, 9:45 a.m.; morning worship, 11 a.m.; Wednesday prayer service, 5:30 p.m.; Bible study, 6 p.m.; choir rehearsal, 7 p.m. Information: (918) 683-7735.
• Church will host a “community Gospel explosion” at 6 p.m. Aug. 18, featuring the Walker Brothers, First Baptist Church of Summit, Tony Master, GPW Boys, Harmoneh, Gospel, Soul Revivers and Unique Gospel Singers.
SAINT JOSEPH, 321 N. Virginia St. Vigil mass, 5 p.m. Saturdays. Sundays, mass, 9:30 a.m. in English and noon in Spanish. Daily masses at 8:15 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays. Information: (918) 687-1351.
• The English as a second language classes will begin Sept. 10 from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
• There will be no youth group in August.
• RCIA classes start Sept. 11. Anyone interested in learning more about the Catholic Faith are encouraged to attend these classes. Anyone interested in learning more about the Catholic Faith are encouraged to attend these classes. Contact the church office for more information.
• Donations of school supplies are being accepted. Donations can be placed in the little red school house located in the commons area of the church.
• Youth choir rehearsals are at 5:30 p.m. Mondays in the choir room.
GRACE, 218 N. Sixth St., activities on Sunday, 9:15, nursery opens; 9:30 a.m., worship, followed by coffee fellowship.
• Aug. 20 — 7:30 p.m., Al-Anon.
• Aug. 22 — 9 a.m., Meals on Wheels; 5:30 p.m., Boat Builders.
• Aug. 24 — 9 a.m., Meals on Wheels; 7 p.m., River Rumba Pre-Event (Three Forks); 7:30 p.m., Al-Anon.
• Aug. 25 — 10 a.m., River Rumba (Three Forks).
CHRISTIAN CHAPEL, 4043 Chandler Road. Information: (918) 687-1606.
• The Freemans will be in concert at 6 p.m. Aug. 19.
BETHANY, 2000 E. Haskell Blvd., 9:15 a.m. Sunday, Coffee Time; 9:15 coffee time; 9:30 a.m., Sunday school; 10:45 a.m., worship service. Information: (918) 682-8683 or www.bethanypresbyterianchurch.org.
• Aug. 20 — 10:30 a.m., Bible study.
• Aug. 21 — 6 p.m., T.O.P.S.
• Aug. 22 — 9 a.m., Meals on Wheels.
• Aug. 23 — 1:15 p.m., fun and games.
• Aug. 24 — 9 a.m., Meals on Wheels.
FIRST, 500 W. Broadway, 9:45 a.m., Sunday school; 11 a.m., worship service.
• Aug. 20 — 10 a.m., Prayer Quilts; noon, Monday Musings, brown bag lunch and conversation in Nash Hall; 5:30 p.m., Yoga; 6 p.m., Muskogee Area Quilters.
• Aug. 21 — 3:30 p.m., Avon meets in Nash Hall; 7 p.m., Grief Share in church library.
• Aug. 22 — 5:30 p.m. Presbyterian Pool Party.
SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST, 170 N. Country Club Road, lesson study at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, service 11 a.m. Information: (918) 682-5602.
• Soup kitchen is open from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Donations welcome.
D.D. ETCHIESON INDIAN, 412 W. Seneca, Tahlequah. Information: Faye Morrison, (918) 207-5067.
• Church is making plans to host an arts/crafts flea market in October. Booth fee is $20. Each exhibitor will be asked to give a $10 door prize and drawings will be for each who purchase a $1 donation to be given to C A R E.
FIRST, 600 E. Okmulgee Ave., Sunday services are at 8:50 a.m., contemporary worship; Sunday school, 10:05 a.m.; traditional worship, 11:05 a.m. Information: (918) 682-3368.
• Gamblers Anonymous meets at the church at 6 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays.
OKAY, Oklahoma 16, Sunday worship, 9 a.m. Pastor: Raymond Griffin.
• Church has a Bible study and potluck dinner at 6 p.m. Wednesdays.
CHRIST FOR THE WORLD INTERNATIONAL, 120 N. 24th St., services are at 11 a.m. Sunday and 7 p.m. Tuesday. Pastor: Isaiah and Amber Thompson. Information: (918) 684-9963.
• The Rev. Linda Darnell of Tulsa will holding a monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Aug. 24. All are invited.
Deadline for church news is noon Wednesday. E-mail email@example.com; fax to (918) 684-2865; mail to P.O. Box 1968, Muskogee 74402. For a complete list of Muskogee area churches, log on to www.muskogeephoenix.com.
- Slice of Life 05.20.13
- Theater camp set for June
- Genealogy a little easier with technology
- Muskogee senior selected to receive GP scholarship
- NSU awards Adair Scholarship to OKC freshman
- Northeastern State University Staff Council names award winners
- Club news 05.19.13
- Manual Training Banquet speaker
- Local congregations 05.18.13
- Poker Run opens weekend of cars, trucks, cycles
- More Features Headlines