Keystone Study Club
Keystone Study Club will meet at 1 p.m. Monday in the home of Ann Kuykendall. The program will be presented by Dorothy Fite. Charlotte Crank, Judy Critchfield, and Miriam Freedman will present current events.
Green Country Duplicate Bridge
Green Country Duplicate Bridge reconvened on Jan. 2 after a two-week holiday.
Green Country Duplicate bridge meets at 12:30 p.m. each Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the Kiwanis Senior Citizens Center, 119 Spaulding Blvd. Newcomers are welcome. If interested in playing or learning to play duplicate bridge contact Ann Kent at (918) 682-3098, Mary Smith at (918) 682-2605, or Sandy Cole at (918) 684-9002.
Recent winners are:
• Jan. 2 — Rene Tyrrell and Alice Barham, first in A;, Sandy Cole and Santa McWilliams were second in A and first in B
• Jan. 4 — Ann Kent and Ruth Sharpe, first; Joan Chapman and Dave Murdock, second; Mary Smith and Ralph Parker, third; and Betty Jordan and Bill Porter, fourth.
• Jan. 7 — Joan Chapman and Carol Ketchum, first; Dave Murdock and Norma Kolmer, second in A and first in B; Ann Kent and Jane Lopes, third; and Linda Stearnes and Alice Barham, fourth.
Six members will be attending a sectional tournament in Bartlesville. Those attending are Dave Murdock, Norma Kolmer, Linda Stearnes, Ann Kent, Becky Powers and Pamela Coonces.
Real Estate Professionals
The Real Estate Professionals’ next meeting is Wednesday at the library. Pat Hollingshed with Bancfirst is providing lunch and Kathryn Eaton with CASA is speaking. Dues are $50 for the year. There will be a form for you to fill out at the January meeting.
Muskogee County Retired Educators
Muskogee County Retired Educators will meet at 1:30 p.m. Friday at Muskogee Art Guild, 315 Court St. Michelle Cruz from the EMC will be the guest speaker. Shirley Miller will give the devotion, and Jean Williams will serve refreshments. Members are encouraged to attend this informative meeting.
Daughters of the American Revolution
The January Meeting of the Daughters of the American Revolution will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Lucy Peters Hall on the Bacone College campus.
January is the club’s annual meeting when it prepares the report of activities that will be forwarded to DAR headquarters.
All members are urged to attend this meeting and interested persons are also invited.
For information on membership, call Sue Tolbert at (918) 348-2397 or Ann Gardner at (918) 682-8774.
Tahlequah Rock & Mineral Society
The Tahlequah Rock & Mineral Society will start off a new year with a meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Tahlequah Public Library.
The club will be presenting three local schools — Tenkiller, Briggs, and Keys — with science kits to their teachers and representatives. The kits have extensive hands-on materials for studying the earth sciences including rocks and minerals in the classroom.
The club will have its regular business meeting, show and tell and door prizes from members. Refreshments will be served. The public is invited.
Keystone Study Club
- Plant natives for garden, planet
- Slice of Life 06.20.13
- Fresh onions on the shelves a sign of summer
- Scottish Mason luncheon today
- Slice of life 06.19.13
- Slice of life 06.18.13
- Literacy classes available at MPL
- Slice of life 06.17.13
- At Warrior Games, disabled veterans get a chance to shine
- Library has range of resources for prospective pet adopters
- More Features Headlines