Green Country Duplicate Bridge
Green Country Duplicate Bridge meets at 12:30 p.m. each Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the Kiwanis Senior Citizens Center, 119 Spaulding Blvd. Newcomers are welcome. If interested in playing or learning to play duplicate bridge contact Ann Kent at (918) 682-3098, Mary Smith at (918) 682-2605, or Sandy Cole at (918) 684-9002.
Recent winners are:
• Jan. 16 — Alice Barham and Rene Tyrrell placed first, Marialice Davis and Grace Sweeney were second in A and first in B, and Mary Beyers and Bill Porter were third in a 3 1/2 table play.
• Jan. 18 — Mary Smith and Ralph Parker placed first, Betty Jordan and Jane Lopes second, and Ruth Sharpe and Ann Kent tied with Linda Stearns and Norma Kolmer for third and fourth in a 4 1/2 table play.
• Jan. 21 — Ruth Sharpe and Bonnie Jennings were first and Ralph Parker and Mary Smith were second.
Muskogee New Friends
• Feb. 1 — Board Meeting, Odd Fellows at 10 a.m., please call Vickie Sanders if unable to attend.
• Feb. 6 — Domino group, will meet at Pat Adams at 11:30 a.m., please bring a sandwich.
• Feb. 7 — Red Cross Blood Drive, call Pat Adams at (918) 687-5739 to volunteer.
• Feb. 8 — General Meeting, Odd Fellows at 9:30 a.m. for refreshments, meeting begins at 10 a.m. The program will be a surprise.
The club has lost several of its long time members this past year. We are grateful for their years of friendship and remember them fondly. Our group is always open and welcoming to new members, so feel free to come visit us at our meetings and join us as a member.
Indian Nations Audubon Society
The Indian Nations Audubon Society will host eagle viewing this weekend. Members will be on the east side of the Fort Gibson Dam with spotting scopes for public use.
There will also be viewing across Oklahoma 80 from Mister Crappie, north of Fort Gibson. Viewing hours will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday.
Chapter B of PEO
Chapter B of PEO will meet Tuesday, Jan. 29 at 11 a.m. at Harmony House in Muskogee. This will be a joint meeting with Chapter AO. Jill Abdulah will give the program. Information: Betye Kaye Evans (918) 683-4887.
McIntosh County Retired Educators
The McIntosh County Retired Educators will meet at the Jim Lucas Library in Checotah at 2 p.m. Feb. 8. Wilmatine Griffin will report on the Grief Recovery Program that she facilitates. It is a 13-week free session open to anyone desiring grief assistance. The program will also include a legislative update by Representative Ed Cannaday. Entertainment will be provided by the Checotah Junior High vocal music group known as the Blue Notes, led by instructor Carolyn Hutcherson. They will entertain with love songs in anticipation of the Valentine holiday. Refreshments will be served.
All retired school personnel in McIntosh County and surrounding areas are encouraged to attend.
Information: Nettie Seale, (918) 429-2232.
Books Sandwiched In
The Friends of the Library invite you to attend Books Sandwiched In at 11:30 a.m. Feb. 13. Retired educator Betty Barrett will review a collection of James Doss novels. Doss was the creator of the popular fictional “Ute people.” Ute detective/rancher Charlie Moon, of whom he wrote 17 mystery novels. Ep Sigma Phi will serve lunch. Lunch costs $3. Bring your “sweetheart” or friend.